- Enforce compliance in real-time - Automatically block or allow tracking technologies based on company approved vendors and user consent, with no reliance on APIs or third-party integrations, allowing you to retain marketing agility and gain regulatory compliance without the need to change workflows or implementations.
- Improve your compliance and security posture - Govern technologies running on your customer facing web properties, and enable controls to prevent sensitive data capture, all while gaining observability and insight into attempted tracking violations and impact to your martech stack caused by end-user consent.
- Automatically maintain organized consent records and avoid accidentally collecting PII or other sensitive data patterns in approved or consented technologies, maintaining compliance regardless of employee or external party behavior.
- Monitor third-party technologies- Monitor and control all tags on your site with CHEQ’s patented Privacy Compliance Enforcement solution. Ensure that consent enforcement is not only applied to technologies deployed via tag management, but additional technologies introduced via subsequent calls.
- Painless Setup and Integration - One line of code enables seamless privacy compliance and enforcement, with no changes to live martech implementations and easy integration into existing privacy workflows.
Deep Dive - Privacy Compliance Enforcement
Why Privacy Compliance Enforcement?
Data collection is an integral part of all marketing and advertising activities. Organizations leverage this data to optimize ad campaigns, personalize site experience, and gain insight into users’ behaviors and interactions with their brand.
However, these activities have fallen under scrutiny as public concern regarding data privacy has emerged, saddling businesses with new requirements while they try to maintain their existing marketing agility. Not meeting these requirements can result in serious fines and legal costs, while severely damaging brand reputation.
The new privacy regulatory environment imposes requirements onto marketers and website owners such as:
Consent - Various privacy regulations such as GDPR and CCPA/CPRA introduce consent requirements, where businesses must provide users the ability to provide or revoke consent on data collection.
Enforcement - Businesses must enforce customized consent requirements based on region, sector, and user preferences, while ensuring that any technology used is relevant and has a contractual relationship with the organization.
Audit Trails - Businesses should maintain records of consent activities as well as enforcement data for regulated sessions to preserve a defensible posture.
Privacy regulation has become so expansive that it’s hard to keep up.
Over the past five years, privacy legislation has significantly increased globally in terms of scope, jurisdiction, complexity, and penalties.
The introduction of complex legal requirements for data collection and processing, has driven organizations to seek quick-fix consent collection cookie banners, or consent-management platforms (CMPs).
But “quick fix” consent management tools leave orgs with a crucial gap: The lack of ability to enforce consent requests with 3rd party tags and maintain records of enforcement, which creates massive exposure.
The cost of ‘compliance gaps’ is immense and set to increase dramatically. Between 2020 and 2021 the number of GDPR violations increased by 113.5% and the number of GDPR fines grew by 594%.
Governments are taking the gloves off, and brands are now exposed to massive penalties. Businesses across all major sectors have begun receiving significant penalties.
However, the biggest price of all is loss of customer trust, potentially leading to loss of business opportunities, revenue, and potentially larger legal consequences.
CHEQ’s Privacy & Compliance solution enables seamless compliance with various regulatory requirements, while providing unparalleled observability into user consent activity and technology response to it.
The solution provides best-in-class client-side features that enable businesses to maintain marketing agility while adhering to regulatory requirements. These features include:
Customizable Consent Banners:
Build a consent experience for users that seamlessly blends with your brand while meeting the requirements of regulators. Support multiple permutations of languages, default settings, and configurations that can respond to locale, browser variables, url params and more.
Proactive & Automated Enforcement:
Create detailed policies that categorize technologies by their purpose and effectively prevent unauthorized technologies from operating on your site. By doing so, you empower customers to exercise their privacy rights while automatically enforcing data sharing policies based on user consent and company regulations. All of this is achieved seamlessly and with minimal oversight.
Blocking and Enforcement Reporting
Gain insight into consent trends across your users, as well as information around block rates for vendors. This enables more insightful data decisions around opt-in optimization,vendor management, and overall advertising and marketing strategies.
Raw Data Exports
Export consent and block data into warehouses for archival or analysis, enabling you to correlate consent trends with your in-house analytics.
Enable the capture of DSAR requests and streamline input into downstream GRC workflows for action.
Cross-Domain/Device Consent Add-On
Enhance your customer experience by capturing and reusing consent settings across multiple properties or devices. This reduces interruptions caused by consent modals, ensuring a smoother interaction for users.